KAF GF Muffin Mix - PUMPKIN add-in
Submitted by Auntie Anne on October 10, 2011 at 11:19 am
A YUMMY Autumn Classic: tricked-out GF quick pumpkin muffins!
- File under
- GF pumpkin muffins KAF GF mix
KAF GF (vanilla muffin base) mix
1 1/2 t pumpkin pie spice
6 T melted butter
7.5 oz canned pumpkin
3 lg eggs (room temp)
3/4 c whole milk
ADD-INs !! (I used 1 c macerated muscat raisins and 1/2c Heath Bar bits)
• Preheat oven to 375 degrees (I used convection bake which is at 350). Line muffin tins or use silicone cups.
• Stir together the melted butter and the pumpkin.
• Beat in the eggs one at a time.
• Open the package of dry mix and add 1 ½ t pumpkin pie spice – stirring with a fork. Add bag contents to the wet ingredients.
• Using a hand mixer, beat in milk ¼ c at a time, scraping after each addition. Continue beating at medium speed for one minute.
• Add your goodies and stir!
• Using a size #20 (yellow) food portion scoop, fill your cups to about ¾ full. (I tried two batches – the paper lined ones were filled almost to the top and flattened out to much. The heart shaped silicone was ¾ full and rose nicely in the center – see pic)
• Sprinkle tops with crumble topping of your choice – demerara sugar is nice, too.
• Bake 26 minutes or to an internal temp of 210 degrees. Your edges should be golden.
• Cool for 5 minutes and then place on cooling rack to “set-up” a bit.