cheesecake

A very old family recipe from Italy. The French influence in this cake no doubt came from Naples having been under Bourbon rule for so many years. Thankfully, my mother actually recorded it, because before then, the recipe was committed to memory and passed down through the generations. I didn't think it could get any better until I opted to swap the store bought grahams--an addition I suspect was made here in the states--for homemade. This cake really needs nothing because it stands strong on its own, but I do have a dressed up version posted at the end of the instructions. This is one of many recipes I've had to record and translate for the generation behind me, who did not grow up in the kitchen; need measuring devices and very detailed instructions. Please only use the very freshest, best quality ingredients you possibly can, I promise it is well worth it.

Their name says it all: chocolate, cheesecake! And a WINNER! This recipe was chosen as one of "...the best from 2002" in the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel Foods section. Yum, Yum!!

Heart shaped no-bake, crustless cheese cake

Caramel Apple Cheesecake made into a bar. Perfect for that Holiday dessert platter!

cheesecake taste in a bar cookie

The 2 best desserts rolled into one

This is a very good cheesecake. I never have leftovers. My best friend served it at her wedding and she made it for me on mine. I had to have the recipe.
This recipe was translated from german and is made for 10-11 inch springform. I have made it in a muffin pan and a 13x 9 inch casserole dish. Turns out great every time.
We use vanilla pudding powder (german kind), so i had to adjust it to use cornstarch.

You can use Dr. Oetker Vanilla pudding powder instead of the starch. I mail-ordered it from a company in Canada. the website is www.edelweissimports.com.

I don't think you can get much better than raspberry and chocolate together.

Pumpkin Cheesecake Bars